Please review this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data. If you do not agree with the practices described in this policy, please do not access or use our Websites or Services (defined below).
This Policy is applicable to data collected through SPIN Analytics.com and other SPIN Analytics websites (collectively, “the Websites”), through our applications (“the Services”) and through any other interactions you might have with SPIN Analytics, such as through email newsletters, our Community boards, and other interactive features and communications.
This Policy does not apply to any third-party websites, applications or businesses to which we link or who may link to us. You should review the privacy policies of those third parties to better understand how they may collect and use your personal data.
Additionally, SPIN Analytics’ Master Subscription Agreement governs delivery and use of the Services, including any data submitted through customer accounts via the Services.
We may update the terms of this Policy at our discretion. We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes.
How We Collect
We may collect your personal data through various ways, when you:
- Visit our Websites, through automated cookies
- Use our Services
- Interact with us by providing your contact information through the Websites, by email, by social media, or by telephone
- Participate in our online communities, blogs or other forums
- Register for or attend an online or in person event sponsored by us
- Submit an application to work for us
What We Collect
The types of information we collect from you may differ depending on how you interact with us. Personal data you may provide to us:
- Your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, and other contact information
- Your credit card number and billing information
- Your employer, job title and other job application information
- Records of your correspondence with us or on our forums
- Information you provide through other types of interactions, such as surveys, events, social media, or other types of communication with us
Personal data we may automatically collect from you:
- Device and connection information, including IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information
- Geolocation information, if enabled on our Careers webpage
- Cookies and tracking technologies that analyze your use of the Websites, show traffic data, and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses (see our Cookies Policy for more information)
Personal data we may receive from third parties:
- Business contact information from third party providers or your employer, if our Services are provided to you via your employer
- Publicly available data from third party sources, like social media
How We Use Your Data
How we use your personal data depends in part on how you interact with SPIN Analytics. The specific purposes for which we use the data we collect about you are listed below. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your personal data for these purposes. Otherwise, we rely on either our legitimate interests or contractual necessity as our lawful basis for processing your data.
- To provide the Services. We use your personal data to provide, support, understand and improve the Services. As part of providing the Services we may send you service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, billing and support-related messages related to your account or transactions with us, through the Services or by email. You may not opt out of these messages, as they are considered part of the Services.
- To personalize the Services, Websites and business. We use the information we collect to personalize content and experiences on our Websites and Services, to better understand your interests, make personalized recommendations based on your interests or information and otherwise personalize your experience with SPIN Analytics.
- To communicate with you. We will send you emails or otherwise communicate with you in response to your questions, feedback or comments. For example, we will respond to comments on our Community boards, and answer questions sent to us through the Websites. Additionally, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other SPIN Analytics news. You can always opt-out of these communications by following the opt-out instructions in the message or by contacting us through the contact information listed below.
- To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated data from our users’ personal data. We make personal data into aggregated data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated data and share it with third parties to operate, understand and improve our Services, to develop new services, and for other lawful business purposes.
- For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal data as we believe appropriate to investigate or prevent violation of the law or our Terms of Service; to secure the Services; to protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; and to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity. For example, we may use tools to scan your content in the Services or on our Websites for content that violates our Terms of Service or the law. We may also use the information we collect about your device to detect users violating our Terms of Service and prevent further violations.
- For compliance with law or to investigate legal claims. We may use your personal data to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities. We may also use your personal data were permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation and to prosecute or defend legal claims.
- With your consent. In some cases, we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal data. We may use the information gathered from one location on the Websites and use it in another location, either on the Websites or elsewhere in our network of Services and features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by SPIN Analytics. We may also combine information gathered from multiple locations on the Website into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
How We Share Your Data
Aside from the instances listed below, we do not disclose information about your personal data to any companies not part of SPIN Analytics or its parent, subsidiaries or related entities. We will not sell or rent your personal data as part of a customer list or similar transaction.
We may share your personal data as follows:
- With Business Partners. We may share your personal data with our business partners from time to time, for example, businesses who help us host our events. You may opt out of sharing your personal data with business partners at the time of collection, or afterwards by contacting us as provided in the Contact Us section.
- With Third-Party Agents and Service Providers. We have third party agents, service providers, subsidiaries and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the personal data needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Services and Website.
- For Compliance with Law; Legal Claims; Security, Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety. We may also use or disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; protect and defend our rights or property, the Website and Services or our users, and act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Website, Services or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Through Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal data, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
SPIN Analytics may retain your information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, SPIN Analytics may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
After the applicable retention period has expired, SPIN Analytics will securely delete or anonymize your personal data.
SPIN Analytics takes security very seriously. We take appropriate measures, including organizational, technical, and physical precautions to help protect against unauthorized access to, alteration of, or destruction of your personal data.
While we follow industry standards and best practices to protect your data, no transmission of data over the Internet or any public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The Services and Websites are not directed to anyone under the age of 16. A parent or guardian who becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal data may contact us at email@example.com and we will attempt to delete the child’s data as soon as possible.
Your Data Rights
SPIN Analytics respects your control over your personal data, and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing data that we have collected from you. You also have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data, request deletion of your personal data, or request that we no longer use it. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfil your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or fulfilment involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event, we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation.
You can always contact us as provided in the Contact Us section to exercise these rights. You may also be able to take action yourself through the methods listed below.
- View, correct and delete your account information. If you use the Services or have an account through our Websites, you can view, update, and delete certain information directly through your account.
- Opt out of communications. You can opt out of receiving future promotional communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link within an email, or by updating your profile settings. Please note that you generally can’t opt out of service-related communications.
- Deactivate your account. If you would like to stop using our Services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your account. Please be aware that depending on how you use our Services and Websites, this may not delete all of your information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or to exercise any of your statutory rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact us at our mailing address below:
120 Bunn’s Lane, London, NW7 2BA Attn: Privacy Counsel
Attn: Privacy Counsel